Position Title: Team Leader
Reports To: Operations Manager
To partner with our customers to produce tangible benefits by providing thought leadership supported by the energy and actions of all individuals with our organization.
To provide the best possible service at the lowest possible cost
Our Customer, Our Team, Our Company, Our World
- Lead a department of Team Members who are responsible for following SOP’s and meeting established Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide coaching and on the job training to ensure that team members are capable of meeting performance standards and are cross trained to maximize their contribution to the organization.
- Assess Team Members using established performance management tools and coaching techniques while providing fair and consistent feedback.
- Respond to and provide detailed information to customer (internal and external) within a reasonable timeframe.
- Investigate operational, safety, employee issues as they appear.
- Determine daily operational plan, establish priorities and assign team members as required. Request additional resources if necessary.
- Ensure adequate resources are available to team members (ie: skids, labels, equipment, totes, etc.)
- Ensure quality standards are met by visually auditing product, analyzing data and reviewing paperwork.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Customer Service, Transportation and ICQA to investigate issues and develop solutions.
- Keep apprised of customer requirements, changes to SLA’s in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Self Starter
- Strong labour planning skills
- Innovative thinker
- Results - oriented
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years previous experience in a warehouse, 3PL environment in a supervisory role
- Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Post – secondary education required